Coal India Ltd. under their CSR activity in coordination with the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Govt. of India has approved an HSCT project for the cure of thalassemia patients. They would like to help 200 patients in a year.
Thalassemics India has been given an opportunity to coordinate this project as per their role defined by MoHFW, Govt. of India.
As per the approved project, a financial support of Rs. 10 lacs (USD 15625.00) per BMT will be provided to the patient.
The four hospitals recommended for BMT are:
- CMC, Vellore
- Tata Medical Centre,Kolkata
- AIIMS, Delhi
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Delhi
- Age below 10 years.
- Copy of the 100% HLA matched report (6/6).
- Yearly income up to Rs. 5 lacs (USD 7813.00) with a copy of the salary/ income certificate.
Other requirements :
- Application letter from the parent addressed to Thalassemics India for seeking financial support.
- Letter from the treating doctor confirming that the patient is thalassemia major.
- Letter from the BMT centre mentioning the date of the transplant and the estimated costs.
- Two passport size photographs of the patient.
- Copy of the Aadhaar card/ pan card or voter I card of the parent.
- Latest medical reports of the patient.
* Govt.of India is providing financial help to a number of States in India under National Health Mission for the management and prevention of thalassemia.