For the global thalassaemia family, the 8th of May constitutes a very special day as it is dedicated to both commemorate the thalassaemia patients who are no longer with us but are always close in our heart and to celebrate all those patients who are alive and fighting everyday for their right to a better quality of life.
On this special day, every year, TIF focuses on a different theme that intervenes with the quality and appropriate treatment of patients and impacts their quality of life.
- 2018- “Thalassaemia past, present and future: Country practices, progress and growing recognition of patients’ rights”
- 2017 – “Get connected: Share knowledge and experience and fight for a better tomorrow in thalassaemia”
- 2016 – “Access to safe and effective drugs in thalassaemia”
- 2015 – “Enhancing partnership towards patient-centred health systems: good health adds life to years!”
- 2014 – “Economic Recession: Observe – Joint Forces – Safeguard Health”
- 2013 – “The right for quality health care of every patient with Thalassaemia: major and beyond”
- 2012 – “Patients Rights Revisited”
- 2011 – “Equal Chance to Life”