As from 2016, Thalassemia International Federation (TIF) has established a new kind of Award to be included in TIF’s Awards Scheme the ‘Prize for Outstanding Patient’s Contribution to TIF’s Activities’.
This Prize will be awarded on a biannual basis in the context of a General Assembly or an International Conference as per the Board decision, to a thalassemia patient – member of TIF – who has made an outstanding contribution to TIF’s activities and more specifically in :
- representing TIF in various delegations visits abroad
- promoting Thalassaemia Patients Associations at the national, regional and international level.
Patients, using their own experiences, can be a significant advocates and make an enormous contribution to TIF’s work in achieving its goal.
Nominations are invited by:
- TIF Office Management
- Members of the Board of Directors of TIF
- Thalassaemia Patients Organisations (TIF General or Voting Members).
- From peers – patients, members of Thalassaemia Patients Associations (General or Voting Members of TIF)
- From the health professionals community at the national, regional and internationals level
- From officials bodies, collaborators or relevant to TIF and its work e. g. EMA, WHO, EU
- Regional or international disease orientated organisations
Nominations should be submitted with all supporting documents (the Reason(s) for Nomination, Completed Nomination Form, Nomination Letter of Support and the Nominee CV) and sent both by registered mail to the Thalassaemia International Federation, P.O. Box 28807, Nicosia 2083,, Cyprus AND electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org)