September 26, 2015-September 27, 2015
The 2nd Pan-Asian Conference on Haemoglobinopathies was organised by the Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF), in collaboration with the National Institute of Hematology & Blood Transfusion (NIHBT) and the Vietnam Thalassaemia Association (ViTA), under the auspices of the Ministry Health of Vietnam, and took place on 26 & 27 September 2015.
This exciting event aimed towards fostering a forum of unprecedented interaction for patients/parents and health professionals, while providing an excellent opportunity to network, update, and upgrade knowledge on haemoglobin disorders, and bring together hundreds of participants from a wide range of disciplines from across the region.
Abstract Book Patients’ / Parents’ Programme Scientific Programme
TIF REGIONAL CONFERENCE OBJECTIVES
- To educate, empower and create core groups of patients in each country to support and strengthen their role in monitoring their own disease;
- To develop the skills and capacities of patients for strengthening their advocacy role for achieving productive participation in decision-making at the national and regional level;
- To develop a robust infrastructure for national patients’ associations, making them truly supportive to their patients and their families at the national level.
FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
- To develop a network of collaborators from each country, ensuring a more tailored support by TIF at the national level;
- To develop a core group of expert medical specialists across disciplines relevant to the multidisciplinary care of haemoglobinopathies, aiming to support the pillars of TIF’s educational programme, which are:
– the preparation, translation and distribution of publications and educational material;
– the scientific programmes in educational events;
– the development of our contribution to academic courses led or supported by TIF.
FOR POLICY MAKERS
- To provide a forum of interaction for policy makers to support and recognise the health priorities of this disease based on case examples, cost effectiveness and the disease burden in many countries.
About the Venue
From the expressive architecture outside to the authentic signature JW Marriott services inside, this Marriott hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam welcomes you to experience the new definition of contemporary luxury, located in the new central business district, adjacent to the National Convention Center of West Hanoi.
The JW Marriott Hotel Hanoi is a breathtaking Vietnam 5-star hotel that is the perfect place for regional and global meetings, incentives and any type of gathering. This hotel offers one of the largest and most innovative meeting venues in the region including 2 ballrooms and extensive foyer areas, covering 3,600sqm, distinguishing us from other Hanoi, Vietnam hotels. Our spacious 5-star hotel includes several restaurants such as the JW Café, creating international and local cuisine, the French Grill, where you can dine on traditional international flavors, and a Chinese restaurant featuring the best of Cantonese cooking.
- 450 luxuriously appointed guestrooms, including 54 suites
- 395 luxuriously appointed 48 sqm. guestrooms
- 55 suites, 1 Presidential Suite and 1 Chairman’s Suite
- 270 King bedded rooms (including suites) and 175 Double bedded rooms, the most in Hanoi
- Floor to ceiling glass, separate shower and bath, mini-bar and both cabled and wireless Internet
Smoking is allowed in some areas of the hotel. Please ask the receptionist or see the hotel map to know the locations. It is the Conference policy that smoking is NOT allowed in any area designated as part of the Conference site, including corridors leading to session rooms.