TIF receives the Sultan Bin Khalifa Award for its contributions in the field of thalassaemia and other haemoglobinopathies.
A major new award programme for significant contributions in the field of thalassaemia and other Haemoglobinopathies has been established by H.H. Dr. Sheikh Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan, through His Highness Humanitarian & Scientific Development Foundation in partnership with the Thalassaemia International Federation (TIF).
We are proud to take the lead in establishing such a prestigious prize in an endeavour to strengthen efforts to educate the patients and the public about these genetic disorders, as well as to provide further motivation and encouragement to all those working in research and medical/clinical field to improve the health and the quality of life of patients with thalassaemia. The awards aim to bring thalassaemia and other haemoglobinopathies to the forefront of the political and health agendas. The awards will be given every two years and include both national and international categories with monetary and non-monetary prizes. Winning individuals and/or organisations will be announced during the biennial international conferences organised by TIF, followed by an award ceremony in Abu Dhabi.
INTERNATIONAL AWARD CATERGORIES include:
- Grand International Award for life-long scientific contribution in the field of Thalassaemia/Haemoglobinopathies.
- International Award for Innovative Medical Research
- International Award for Clinical Center for Excellence
- International Award for Thalassaemia Society of Excellence
- International Scholarship for Translational Research in Thalassaemia
- International Leadership in Thalassaemia Award
More information available at the official website of the Sultan Bin Khalifa International Thalassaemia Award.Visit website